Saturday, January 30, 2016

Life Long Learning

Am I too old to go back to school? Why should I stop living and striving to be just because of age or infirmity? Look at Stephen Hawking and what he accomplished even with his amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. I do have my limitations, but I know with God’s help, I can learn, and then use my knowledge and talents to bless the lives of others. “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” (Phillipians 4:13) I am a Latter Day Saint of the Church of Jesus Christ. “how can you call yourself a Saint?” you might ask. A saint in this context is a disciple of Jesus Christ. A true Disciple is one who is not “lukewarm” but “on fire” with a testimony of Christ as the Son of God. Apostle Neal A Maxwell gave an address in the April 1987 General Conference about the qualifications for a Saint or Disciple of Christ. He said we have to be committed and 'not just hearers of the word, but doers'. “Our task, therefore, is to “reconcile [ourselves] to the will of God, and not to the will of … the flesh” (2 Ne. 10:24). I am a child of God, which gives me great capabilities. “Where much is given, much is required.” Is the title of Chapter 17 in the manual, The Life and Teachings of Jesus and his Apostles. See link below https://www.lds.org/manual/the-life-and-teachings-of-jesus-and-his-apostles/section-4-the-third-year-of-jesus-public-ministry/chapter-17-where-much-is-given-much-is-required?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment