Sunday, June 26, 2011

Raw! Raw!

The concept of eating raw and living foods is not new to me. I learned from my mother in the 60's and 70's how to sprout seeds and grains. I liked sprouted lentils then. Today I made a wonderful salad by finely grating 4 carrots and 1/4 cup chopped dates in my processor. I switched the blade to the bigger holes on the disc and grated fresh frozen pineapple chunks next. I soaked a few Tablespoons each of sunflower seeds and cashews. I mixed up a dressing of: 1/2 mayo, 2 T Vinegar and Oil Dressing, 1/2 Tsp paprika,and pinch of nutmeg. I dumped the carrot mixture into the bowl with the dressing, added 1/4 cup of raisins and the nuts. Served it up on some fresh Romaine Leaves from the garden. I put the sprouted seed mix as an option on the side.
Kevin like his without the sprouts. I had some with and some without sprouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment