Sunday, December 13, 2015

How could you not be happy when you see....

I was shopping the other day and the young woman at the checkout admired my fire opal ring and said, "That is a beautiful ring! It makes me happy just to look at it. How could a person look at that and not be happy?" I thought that was an interesting comment. I reflected on a visit I had with a good friend, Gary Whitley. He reminded me that all I needed to maintain my centered-ness, was to think on Christ. I thought how fitting that was for the Christmas Season and every "season" of life, really. You know, as I focus on Jesus Christ, a smile comes to my face. It is natural - I can't help it! How can someone look at Christ and not feel Happy! How can someone think of Jesus Christ, our elder brother who saved us, and not smile and be happy! For a moment, I wished it was an continual automatic response with me to be always be happy and not be annoyed with others or the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season; but as I prayed about it and asked God if he could wipe away any of resistance or struggle (Just change me!), God said, "No, You get to CHOOSE". "I get to choose" is a powerful statement. It means I take an active part in my creation, as I grow into my most magnificent self! It means I am free to choose darkness or light, deceptiveness or truth, sadness or happiness. Jesus said, The truth shall set you free. I want to be free of the trappings, misconceptions, and unhappiness that Satan promulgates. My body is my temple and a gift from God, our Father. My body is my "house" and as for me and "my house", will serve the Lord. Actually, "We will serve the Lord", as I am strengthened and not alone in my choice. God the Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost are supporting me daily as I CHOOSE the right. I am happy when I recall and meditate on a line from a simple song I learned in church as a child: "I know my Savior Lives and Loves me too, the Spirit whispers this to me and tells me it is true, and tells me it is true, and tells me it is true". To know I have a "big brother" looking out for me is very comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment